“WHOSE life did you ruin today, John?”
Spooks series nine, episode four.
The one where Lucas North – aka John – is in turmoil.
Vaughn (Iain Glen) is still pursuing that Albany file and putting pressure on Section D chief Lucas / John to deliver.
With yet another twist in the closing seconds of this latest visit to Thames House.
Home Secretary William Towers (Simon Russell Beale) has what he describes as “an epic hangover”.
And it’s about to get a lot worse.
A team of agents from the CSS (Chinese Security Service) has arrived in Britain via Dover, Heathrow and St Pancras International.
Looking for Amphitrite.
Not yet another nerve agent poised to decimate viewing figures for the rest of the series.
But the name of a sea goddess and wife of Poseidon.
But then you knew that already, didn’t you?
Also appearing to be the code word for a crucial new British-based desalination technology.
Among many other things, episode four features the obligatory appearance of Maya (Laila Rouass).
I have absolutely zero advance knowledge.
But that can’t end well, can it?
Other highlights this week include:
1. Richard Armitage Tattoos: The Return.
2. Tariq’s moment of the week involving Windows 2010.
3. Harry: “We’ve had a Code Red Border Agency Report.”
4. The chips are down for the new CIA London chief.
6. Ruth going undercover. “You speak Chinese?” asks a surprised Dimitri. “Mandarin and Wu. Except my Cantonese is terrible.” she replies.
7. The painting of a sailing ship.
8. Ruth and Beth’s little chat.
9. Dimitri finally seeing more action.
10. Ruth not dressed in black.
Spooks continues on BBC1 at 9pm next Monday.